Sunday, December 7, 2014

Strong-Willed Children Are a Blessing, Not a Curse | Lynnette Sheppard

Strong-Willed Children Are a Blessing, Not a Curse | Lynnette Sheppard: "As I walked away and pondered her words, my heart filled with hope. Although I was struggling, I had to believe that she knew something that I didn't know. I think she knew MANY things that I didn't know. And, maybe... just maybe... she was the answer to my prayers -- a sweet assurance that this stage would not last forever, and that my seemingly impossible children had come to me with strong wills because they would NEED them to accomplish great things later in life. I found comfort in that.



 I have looked back on this experience many times since then. I have thought about her words as I have struggled through countless difficult stages with my kids. I have thought about them as I have watched difficult stages fade into sweet stages of understanding and growth. I have thought about them as I have witnessed unreasonable children grow into thoughtful and self-motivated teenagers, whose strong wills are now ingrained into their characters in a way that strengthens them and others. There is now no doubt in my mind that this sweet woman knew what she was talking about that day so many years ago. She knew, as I am now learning, that strong will in a child is nothing to fear. It is a BLESSING."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps