Sunday, December 7, 2014

My drugged life: I’ve been on antidepressants since 10 - Salon.com

My drugged life: I’ve been on antidepressants since 10 - Salon.com: "A close friend whom I’ve always considered a natural candidate for antidepressants (cancer, fraught relationship with family, multiple career disappointments) has serious ontological issues with antidepressants: “If I were in a good mood or more functional because of pills, what would that mean? Where would the pills stop and I begin? Would it really be me living this better life?”



 For me these philosophical questions have an extra dimension because I was so young when this all began. If my friend started taking antidepressants now, she would be doing so as an adult, making a somewhat informed decision. She would at least know who that person was deciding to take the medication. I, on the other hand, began taking medication intended to alter my personality before I became a person."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps