Saturday, April 16, 2016

Secret aid worker: what should doctors do when we witness human rights abuses? | Global Development Professionals Network | The Guardian

Secret aid worker: what should doctors do when we witness human rights abuses? | Global Development Professionals Network | The Guardian: "After finishing my medical training as a doctor, I was excited to start working for a healthcare NGO in an African country that was making a lot of progress, despite only recently coming out of a civil war. However, while I was proud of the healthcare advancements during my stay, I came to struggle with the government’s egregious human rights abuses, and the sense that in some ways by simply being there I was complicit."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps