Sunday, January 3, 2016

5 Phrases to Stop Kids From Begging | POPSUGAR Moms

5 Phrases to Stop Kids From Begging | POPSUGAR Moms: "Now, I'm far from a perfect parent, but I cringed knowing what this mother had just traded. Basically her soul. She traded a nasty temper tantrum for a life of bargaining between her and her little sweet pea. And the sad thing is, it doesn't have to be that way, nor should it.

I wanted to hand the mom a laminated card with these five fail-proof sayings burned into the paper. They've worked for me for years and remind me of chocolate. Every single one of them is good and I pick which "flavor" depending on my mood.

Next time your mini cross-examiner is giving you the run-down, take charge, be a mom, and above all, be consistent.

If you say no, you better mean it. By changing your mind, your child has gained more than a piece of candy; they've gained the knowledge you can be broken down easier than a cardboard box.

Have fun practicing these phrases with your little interrogator:"



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps