Thursday, January 7, 2016

30 Principles That Turn Good Kids into Good Adults | John M. Simmons

30 Principles That Turn Good Kids into Good Adults | John M. Simmons: "My grandpa had a different way of looking at things. Chances are he was a lot like your grandpa. Words of wisdom in one-liner form flowed from him just like Ben Franklin's under his Silence Dogood pen name. I once heard another adult provide an excuse for mischief done by her sons. She made the mistake of using the "Boys will be boys" cliché in Grandpa's presence. "No ma'am," Grandpa replied in a serious tone. "Boys will be men." I have always tried to consider that thought in my own family. It has been my desire to raise my children to be adults, not kids. Following are 30 principles we have tried to rely on in our family in our attempt to reach that goal. Some of them came from Grandpa. I'd like to think he would approve of the rest."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps