Friday, November 6, 2015

Indonesia is burning. So why is the world looking away? | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian

Indonesia is burning. So why is the world looking away? | George Monbiot | Comment is free | The Guardian: "I’ve often wondered how the media would respond when eco-apocalypse struck. I pictured the news programmes producing brief, sensational reports, while failing to explain why it was happening or how it might be stopped. Then they would ask their financial correspondents how the disaster affected share prices, before turning to the sport. As you can probably tell, I don’t have an ocean of faith in the industry for which I work. What I did not expect was that they would ignore it."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps