Monday, March 2, 2015

Why Community College Is Better | POPSUGAR Smart Living

Why Community College Is Better | POPSUGAR Smart Living: "I went to community college, and I absolutely don't regret it. When I was in high school, I felt ashamed to tell my peers where I was headed. Being friends with a group of supersmart AP students, I was made to feel as though I was selling myself short by many classmates. It's as if people believe that starting your education at a junior college is giving up.

The truth is, my parents and I made the decision together that I would begin my education at Diablo Valley College. I was an A student, I was involved in tons of extracurriculars, and I knew exactly what I wanted to major in, so the worry of not getting in anywhere was not the issue. In fact, there wasn't any issues. I chose to go to school where I did because I would be saving thousands of dollars before transferring to the college of my choice — and that's exactly what I did."



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps