Friday, October 9, 2015

Hillary Clinton comes out against Obama’s Pacific trade deal - The Washington Post

Hillary Clinton comes out against Obama’s Pacific trade deal - The Washington Post: "Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton announced Wednesday that she opposes an expansive 12-nation Pacific Rim free-trade accord finalized by the Obama administration this week, breaking sharply with the president over a deal she had championed while serving as secretary of state.

Clinton said in an interview with PBS that she would not support the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) based on what she knows of the deal. The 30-chapter text of the agreement, which negotiators concluded Monday, has not been made public.

"As of today, I am not in favor of what I have learned about it," Clinton said in the interview. "I have said from the very beginning that we had to have a trade agreement that would create good American jobs, raise wages and advance our national security. I still believe that's the high bar we have to meet. I've been trying to learn as much as I can about the agreement, but I'm worried.""



'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps