Tuesday, November 12, 2013

5 Things I Learned Leaving My Nicely-Paid Lawyer Job to Move to a Small, Tropical Island Near Guam | Arin Greenwood

5 Things I Learned Leaving My Nicely-Paid Lawyer Job to Move to a Small, Tropical Island Near Guam | Arin Greenwood: "I went to Saipan intending to enjoy my tropical paradise for one year. One year, I figured, would be enough to heal from my various personal traumas, plus come up with a brand new life plan, get a good tan and maybe even meet the man who'd prove to that other guy (in hindsight, a real asshole) he'd made a huge mistake leaving me for his secretary. As it turns out, there was a lot I didn't quite realize when I first embarked on this little journey of sun-exposure, self-discovery and revenge, which ended up lasting 5.5 years.

Here are a few things I understand now that I didn't have the slightest inkling about when I first set out on that long trip with far too much baggage:"

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps