Monday, July 18, 2011

Peter: Citizenship is not amnesty, I realized, but a reward for their incredible work ethic and perseverance

Peter: Citizenship is not amnesty, I realized, but a reward for their incredible work ethic and perseverance: "I have been a conservative Republican my entire life. In 1964, I drove 27 miles from UCLA to my home to vote in my first election for Barry Goldwater. I am a former prosecutor, and the 33 years I worked for a private law firm were mostly spent representing large corporations. Yet, contrary to many conservatives, I have come to strongly support the Dream Act as a new and innovative path to becoming a US citizen. I decided to blog because Jose's story reflected the lives of many young people who society needs as citizens."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Think local. Act global. Learn more about the Peace Corps